What would your life be like without shame?
Shame lies at the root of many of our most common problems – depression, isolation, unworthiness, alienation, perfectionism, self-hate. We all have shame, but because shame itself is experienced as shame-full, we rarely talk about it. We do our best to pretend, cover-up, stay busy, avoid, but too often it only gets worse.
You don’t have to run anymore!
Healing Shame® (Lyon/Rubin Method) is a targeted way of working with the four physiological responses to shame: Attack Self, Attack Other, Deny and Withdraw. Through education and resourcing, we build resilience in individual sessions or in a small, safe group environment.
Who can benefit from Healing Shame?
- Anyone who struggles with feeling good about themselves
- Anyone who can identify shaming or traumatic life events
- Anyone in long term recovery from substances or compulsive behaviors
- Anyone who grew up in a home with addiction or mental illness
- Anyone whose grief or anger feels frozen
- Anyone who feels stuck, hopeless or unlovable
New Group: Healing Shame for Women
In this groundbreaking new group, you will learn to identify shame and learn the difference between healthy shame and toxic shame. You will also:
- Discover ways to connect with others and receive the support that melts the shame freeze
- Use breathing and grounding tools as a resource for growth and healing
- Gain clarity around whose shame you are carrying and how to give it back where it belongs
- Develop resilience and self-compassion that allows you to move on
- Work at your own pace, in a safe, protected environment
Call or email me today to find out more about Healing Shame for Women and reserve a space in this ongoing group. For those of you who are not ready for group therapy, we can also talk about individual therapy with a Healing Shame focus.