What would your life be like without shame?
Shame lies at the root of many of our most common problems – depression, isolation, unworthiness, alienation, perfectionism, self-hate. We all have shame, but because shame itself is experienced as shame-full, we rarely talk about it. We do our best to pretend, cover-up, stay busy, avoid, but too often it only gets worse.
You don’t have to run anymore!
Healing Shame® (Lyon/Rubin Method) is a targeted way of working with the four physiological responses to shame: Attack Self, Attack Other, Deny and Withdraw. Through education and resourcing, we build resilience in individual sessions or in a small, safe group environment.
Who can benefit from Healing Shame?
- Anyone who struggles with feeling good about themselves
- Anyone who can identify shaming or traumatic life events
- Anyone in long term recovery from substances or compulsive behaviors
- Anyone who grew up in a home with addiction or mental illness
- Anyone whose grief or anger feels frozen
- Anyone who feels stuck, hopeless or unlovable
Call or email me today to find out more about individual therapy with a Healing Shame focus. From time to time I also offer a Healing Shame for Women group which we can talk about as well.