I understand that many people who want to begin therapy are concerned about fees. I do my best to offer a variety of strategies that allow therapy to fit your budget.
My standard fee is $200. For students, seniors and other individuals with financial need, I have a limited amount of sliding scale openings for daytime appointments.
Notice to Clients and Prospective Clients
- Under the law, health care providers need to give clients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.
- You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service, or at any time during treatment.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, or how to dispute a bill, see your Estimate, or visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
Payment is by check, cash, PayPal or credit card. I do not work with insurance companies. I am happy to provide a monthly statement marked “paid in full” which you can submit to your insurer in the event they are willing to reimburse a portion of your payment. Be aware that insurance companies often require a diagnosis that remains on your record and could be viewed as a pre-existing condition.
A standard therapy hour lasts 50 minutes. I can also arrange for longer sessions as needed, on a pro-rated basis. Therapy sessions are usually scheduled weekly but can be arranged to suit your schedule and goals.
I look forward to speaking with you.